Friday, June 13, 2008

Flooding

It has been a spring from he@#! The town has been flooded and the river is still very high. This is the Monticello sign that sits on top of a hill. It has went down since this picture.


This is right by the river. There is normally a road about 5 feet on the other side of the shed in the picture. It is still over the road tonight after the rain we had last night.


And the last picture I am going to share is our basement last night. I came home from work and noticed that it smelled funny. So I made my rounds and found the basement was soaked with sewage from our septic system. We had it almost cleaned up, and I was taking the boys to Mom and Dad's and John called me and said that it is coming in faster than they could get it sucked up. So we finally got it to Drain, and we left for the night. John took the day off and got everything out of the basement. Now we are just waiting for our land lord get it cleaned. YUCKY.....so we are staying with my parents until it is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was imagining this in my basement tonight as I was frantically cleaning.

I hope you are able to get home soon!