This morning there was a dense cover of fog in Monticello. Most of the schools around us delayed for two hours to give the fog a chance to lift. Not Monticello they were right on time. About 7:30 I get a phone call from the bus barn asking me to wait down with the kids and walk them across the road. Shirley (our bus driver) was nervous that an on coming car would not see the bus in time to stop. So I was more than happy to do it, but if the bus drivers are that worried wouldn't it make more since to delay than put the kids in danger.
My only reasoning behind it is that there is an early out on Thursday and no school on Friday. So they can't miss too much now can they?!?!?!?!
J. Took off for Dubuque about the same time as the bus came and said that about Cascade the Fog lifted and there was sun. It is 10:30 and there is still fog covering the fields here.
1 comment:
I agree completely.. I think that they should let the bus drivers make the decision. They are the ones who would know the best. What does someone sitting in an office know?
Post a Comment