Friday, July 20, 2007

Back to School and a Late Night

Last night we were on our way to Wal-Mart for some groceries and some school supplies. We were almost to the Anamosa Wal-Mart when we decided to head to Target instead. We stopped at Burger King to eat (Transformer toys were in Kids Meals) and J had a great idea about taking them to see the movie. So we decided to go and went to the new theater (on Lindale side of town). I went in to get tickets and they said no one under the age of 5 can be there after 5 to be fair to the people who wait to go until late so they don't have to put up with kids. Still determined to see the movie we called Aunt Beth to get the number to the theater on the west side of town. Called them and they said that there is no age restriction for PG 13 movies at their theater. I then asked what time it started and there was one at 7:00 which was what time it was then and not another one until 8:30 pm. Keep in mind that we never mentioned to the boys that we were going to the movie. So we shopped at Target for some back to school shopping. they got Transformer everything I lost the list that we needed so we didn't get everything but got a good start. Then we went over to the West side theater and I went in to get the tickets (still haven't said anything to the boys) to make sure everyone could get in. Success I called John and when he told them that we were going to the movie the van started to bounce up and down with excitement all 4 of them got out of the van and started jumping up and down and ran toward me. It was a 2 1/2 hour movie so it was after 11:00 when it was over. They were perfect during the movie. Even Thomas sat and watched the entire movie except the last half hour he fell asleep. It was not scary like everyone said, you know what is coming and none of us thought it was at all scary. The only reason I would say it was a PG13 is because of some language, but it was during the fighting parts and I don't think any of the kids even noticed.

What a night!!

No comments: