Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cranky Kids


This really doesn't have anything to do with my children, but the flowers around my mailbox are gorgeous. Matthew planted the petunia's for me for Mother's Day. I thought I would share them. We got another post card from Italy today. J's brother and his wife were on vacation there. The kids thought it was neat to get mail from across the ocean. Thank you Uncle Jim and Aunt Renee for sending them to us.

I know that the heat has a little to do with why my children are ALL cranky. We were outside mowing yard this morning and all of them stopped me at least once complaining about one another. I know it was hot for them, but they were in the garage and it was cool and nice in there. They ended up back in the house before I even finished with the front yard. That is the only down side to central air once your used to it you never want to leave it.

Matthew has really bad allergies this summer he has been on Children's Benadryl for the last two days. It has made him mellow and calm, but I feel so bad, as soon as the Benadryl wears off he is sneezing and rubbing his eyes. I tried to use drops to help his eyes, but the kind that I have sting when you first get them in. I should call the Doc and see what they say.

Last night we had storm complete with hail, wind and rain. When the hail started coming down I went out and got the kids each a piece. The biggest size we found was the size a marble. The kids were pretty impressed.

Also something to think about...Why is the fair always the hottest week of the summer? I have no desire to take 4 children around the fair in 90 degree weather, but Grandma Susan always takes time off of work to go. So I guess on to the fair. We always have fun and the kids look forward to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know how it feels to have bad alergeis:(