Jacob had his conference last week and is doing EXCELLENT!! He is soaring threw second grade. She had nothing to say about him that was bad except he needs to work on listening a little better (what second grader doesn't need to work on that). I always get them a book from the book carnival that they have during the conferences...but this time I got him the PDA that he wanted for doing so good. He has also has begun working in the Accelerated Readers class, this is where he reads a book and then takes a computer quiz over it, he took his first test and did ok. I think he read the book too fast to really comprehend it. So he has another book and next day 6 he will try it again. Then today he came home and told me that he was selected to join the ELP math class!! Every day 2 he will get to go and work with them. This is the first year that they are allowing the second graders to take part in these two groups, it is very exciting.
I have not had Matthew's conference yet (weather postponed them) Mrs. Goedken sent home his report card and he has went up in all areas. His spelling went from getting 76% of them right to 95% right and he also improved in Math, but we still need to work on that. She also said that he still is blurting out when someone is talking. I am not too worried about that he is doing 100 times better than last year at this time. Most of his check marks went to pluses so I am completely happy with the report.
1 comment:
Fantastic job, boys! I am very proud.
Post a Comment