Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A little story for you all to enjoy....

I had a message from the guidance counselor today tried to return her call but she had already left for the day. Jacob and Matthew got home from school and the first thing that Jacob said was "here is your naughty little boy" so I knew instantly that Matthew had done something. I sent Matthew to his room and asked Jacob what had happened. Here is the story as I understood it. Dallas(a little boy from Jacob's room) called this little girl from Jacob's room a B@#$% and Matthew said something to him and got a snowball thrown at him, and of course anyone that knows Matthew knows that he can never just walk away, picked up a snow/ice ball and threw it at Dallas. Well it hit him in the nose and and it began to bleed. They both were sent to the office.

I know that Matthew has to learn that violence is not a good response to any situation. We talked and he knows that what he did was wrong and that what he should have done is just walk away, but if I was the little girl and some little boy called me that...I would also have wanted someone to stick up for me. I know that the school will not feel the same way as I do, so for punishment he cannot play with his Star Wars Toys for a week. He had to help me place them all in the bag and they are on the shelf in my closet until next Tuesday.

1 comment:

Niki said...

That's a hard one. I think that I would want my son to stick up for the little girl too. Maybe not make the kid bleed...lol