Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sinus/Ear Infection

I just brought Thomas home from a visit with Dr. Weston and he confirmed that yes something is indeed wrong with our little Thomas. His right ear is quite infected and his glands are very swollen in his neck and the green goo that is coming out of his nose could be what is causing the fever spikes. So another round of antibiotics and hopefully he will get better.

He also told me that ear thermometers are unreliable and to stick with taking it under the arm and adding a degree. The doctors in the pediatric clinics have banned their nurses from using them. There is too much fluctuation in the readings. We tested that today. When the ear thermometer read 106.1 the under the arm read 103.8 so add a degree 104.8 so there is a difference.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Not to say that I am glad that he is sick but ..... I am glad that there is something that they are finally doing! I hope he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope that he is up and around soon. Glad they seem to have figured something out.