I know you all are sick of hearing about my sick kids, but I have one more night to share. After I got home from class I went in and took Thomas's Temp it was right around 102 wasn't too worried I gave him ibuprofen before I left. Cleaned my kitchen up from supper did some homework went in to check on him and his temp read 105.4...was kind of worried. So I took his pj's off, gave him another round of Tylenol and got a cool cloth and rubbed him down. Took his temp after about 15 minutes and it was down to 105.0. It was working so I continued with the cool cloth and let him eat a Popsicle and I would say that about 30 minutes after the meds his fever was 102. So I thought it was safe to send him back to bed. About 3:30 am he came running into my room screaming "momma hot, hot, hot" got up took his temp, and he was right it was about 103. So I sat up with him and rubbed his head with a cloth again and gave him more meds and about 25 minutes later he was resting in our bed where we we spent a very restless night.
I did get a break from all the sickness at our house yesterday. John stayed home to help with the kids, Dad and I went down to see Grandma Elsie. She looked poor when we got there, but she got up, went to the bathroom, walked around a little and looked better by the time we left. It was a neat drive. We saw tons of deer and Turkey's and even a Bald Eagle eating a deer that was along side the road.
You could tell that spring is just around the corner.
1 comment:
I am so glad that you made it down to see Grandma!
I would freak out if my kids had fevers like that!
Post a Comment